Call for editors and papers
Published: January 2, 2017
We are looking for a prime guest editor (with potentially one or two co-editors) to manage the process for 2017, Q2. This is a great opportunity to influence the state of our field.
You will need to:
- Be passionate about advancing research in the field
- Issue a Call for Papers
- Coordinate the reviewers of candidate papers.
- Use our publication system — extensively. (Be versed also with Google docs, Skype, and other current tools.)
- Be a deadline-targeted & taking-charge person.
- Work as a single editor or add co-editors.
- Able to write a short intro including your view/vision/insight on the topic.
- Get the academic credit as an editor.
- Choose / design the cover 🙂 (see above draft)
Please reply by Jan 31, 2017 to firstname.lastname@example.org with an academic CV and a cover letter listing your publishing and editing experience.
If you have colleagues who may be interested in becoming an editor or a co-editor, please feel free to forward this call further.
Final decision about the editor will be made by end of February 2017 or earlier based on the information we get.
For more details about editors’ role and requirements see JVWR site –> About JVWR –> For Issue Editors.
Publication is planned for Q2 of 2017.
We are looking for research papers on this topic.
If you have a paper around this topic, please consider submitting it. More details about how can be found on our page For Authors. Potential authors are invited to think about the subject. An official call (CfP) will be placed by the issue editor(s), once selected.
The Journal of Virtual Worlds Research (http://www.jvwr.net/) is an online, open access academic journal that engages a wide spectrum of scholarship and welcomes contributions from the many disciplines and approaches that intersect virtual worlds’ research. The field of virtual worlds’ research is a continuously evolving area of study that spans across many disciplines and the JVWR editorial team looks forward to engaging a wide range of creative and scholarly work.
For any further inquiry regarding this call, please contact: tzafnat.shpak AT jvwresearch DOT org
- Past issues are available on our website’s special All Issues view page.
- We welcome you to join our Facebook.
- Follow us @theJVWR on Twitter
- Subscribe to JVWR mailing list (top left of http://www.jvwreserach.org.)
We are looking forward to your proposals for an intriguing new issue,
Prof. Yesha Y. Sivan