Published: 10 October 2019
Last updated: 22 October 2019
The JVWR is growing!
Due to the increasing volume of submissions to the journal, the JVWR is looking for reviewers to help the editorial team select the best academic papers for publication. We are seeking scholars interested in serving together with our volunteer editorial team.
As a reviewer, you will be asked by the issue editors to review papers and provide constructive feedback about the merits of submissions in terms of quality and contribution to the field.
The JVWR expects to receive reviews in a timely*, collegial manner, with a high level of expertise, objectivity, and insightful evaluation of the manuscripts.
Note our Double-Open policy.
Interested in becoming a reviewer?
You’ll have to be a registered member. Please register (see on the right menu) and fill in the required information.
Send an email until December 31, 2019, to [email protected], including your professional resume, academic editing experience, along with a 1-2 paragraph cover letter stating your interest in the Virtual Worlds domain.
Upon the Journal’s Editor in Chief’s decision, you will be notified of receiving the reviewer’s rights. Editors will be able now to contact you directly, based on your interests and experience.
* We request a YES or NO response as soon as possible, answering editors’ email whether you ACCEPT or DECLINE the request. If you cannot review due to time conflicts or other preoccupations, simply reply with No. No questions asked; no explanations needed. Failure to respond may cause removal from our reviewers’ list.
The benefits of being a JVWR reviewer:
- A step for becoming a future author
- A critical step for becoming an issue editor
- Enjoy our Double-Open review policy – it’s a good opportunity to meet colleagues and fellow authors. See details.
- Help the Editorial Team select high-quality academic papers for publication, thus ensuring the continuation of JVWR’s excellent reputation in the field.
- The reviewer’s rating enables editors to select the best, quick, accurate, and knowledgeable reviewers. No one else sees this rating.
- Get on our “Recognized Reviewers” list. See the list.
- Receive the JVWR special appreciation certificate.