The Opensimulator Community Conference is an annual conference that focuses on the user community and developers of the OpenSimulator software. This virtual conference features two days of presentations, workshops, and keynote sessions, along with community and social events, that spotlight the technical, scholarly, artistic, commercial, and community produced works across diverse sectors of the OpenSimulator user base.
The 5th international conference on 3D Vision will be held in Qingdao, China, on October 10th-12th 2017. Since 2013, under the name 3DV (3D Vision), the event has provided a premier platform for disseminating research results covering a broad variety of topics in the area of 3D research in computer vision and graphics, from novel optical sensors, signal processing, geometric modeling, representation and transmission, to visualization and interaction, and a variety of applications.
Submission deadline: July 19th, 2017- 23:59 PT (GMT + 8)
Updated information can be found on the conference web site.
2017 will be a historic year for 3D on the Web. We are seeing the explosion of WebVR and the potential of WebAR just around the corner. With WebGL now widely supported by default in modern browsers, tools such as X3D, X3DOM, Cobweb, three.js, glTF, and A-Frame VR are allowing nearly anyone to create Web3D content. Commercial game engines such as Unity and Unreal are starting to offer ways to export and publish directly to Web3D.
The conference will explore topics including: research on simulation and training using Web3D, enabling technology of web-aware, interactive 3D graphics from mobile devices up to high-end immersive environments, and the use of ubiquitous multimedia across a wide range of applications and environments. For example:
- 3D Printing and 3D Scanning
- CAD and Advanced Manufacturing
- Education and E-learning
- Collaboration and Annotation
- Tourism and Accessibility
- Gaming and Entertainment
- Creativity and Digital Art
- Public Sector (Open Government)
- Open Web Platform Integration
- Virtual Reality (VR)
- Mixed and Augmented Reality (MR/AR)
- Real Estate
- Cultural and Natural Heritage
- Medical, Telemedicine (eHealth)
- Transportation and Geospatial
- Industry Applications
- Archival Digital Publications
- Human Animation, Motion Capture
For more details and registration click here.
AWE (Augmented World Expo) is the world’s largest conference and expo dedicated to AR (augmented reality) and VR (virtual reality).
The event takes place in Santa Clara, California bringing together a mix of CEOs, CTOs, designers, developers, creative agencies, futurists, analysts, investors, and top press in a fantastic opportunity to learn, inspire, partner, and experience first hand the most exciting industry of our times.
AR and VR are bringing superpowers to the people and this year we are on a mission to highlight how to use these Superpowers to Change the World. This year’s conference and expo will showcase speakers, startups,
AWE USA 2017 features three full days of on-stage content including our keynote stage, developer workshops and tracks for investors, buyers, designers,
AWE 6 tracks include:
- Inspire: our main stage keynote talks by inspiring thought leaders who are exploring how AR and VR are bringing Superpowers to Change the World
- Design: lectures and discussion on the new user interfaces and design thinking unique to AR & VR
- Develop: developer workshops on the latest hardware, tools and SDKs to develop for AR/VR platforms
- Work: use cases and discussions on the impact of AR and VR on the enterprise
- Life: conversations and presentations on how AR and VR is changing education, healthcare, travel and tourism, news and media and more
- Startup Pitches: hear pitches from startups innovating in AR & VR
The AWE Expo
AWE USA 2017 features over 100,000 square feet of exhibitor space in the Santa Clara Convention Centre.
This year’s expo floor will showcase:
- Consumer Pavilion – featuring AR/VR solutions in branding, marketing, social, travel & sports and more
- Enterprise Pavilion – featuring AR/VR solutions in automotive, oil & gas, construction, aerospace and more
- Interaction Pavilion – featuring eye-tracking, controllers, haptics and other methods to interact in this new wave of computing
- Tools Pavilion – featuring 3D capture tools, SDKs, computer vision platforms and other companies equipping developers and designers with the tools they need to create in AR/VR
- Startup Alley – featuring startups in AR/VR
For more information and registration check AWE website.
The organizers of VR 2017 strongly believe that the free exchange of ideas is vital to our discipline. We wholeheartedly support IEEE president Karen Bartleson’s statement that “science, engineering – and humanity – prosper where there is freedom of movement, association, and communication.” Any authors who are impacted by the recent travel restrictions to the United States are encouraged to contact the general chairs so that arrangements can be made for an alternative form of presentation.
Academics, researchers, industry folks, and VR enthusiasts can participate in a number of ways, including submitting papers, posters, panels, workshops, tutorials, research demos, videos, or exhibiting products. IEEE VR 2017 seeks contributions including, but not limited to, the following topics:
- Tracking and sensing
- Input devices for VR/AR/MR
- Advanced display technology
- Immersive projection technology
- Haptics, audio, and other non-visual interfaces
- Modeling and simulation
- Computer graphics techniques for VR/AR/MR
- Virtual humans and avatars
- Multi-user and distributed VR/AR/MR
- VR systems and toolkits
- 3D interaction for VR/AR/MR
- 3D selection and 3D manipulation
- Locomotion and navigation in virtual environments
- User studies and evaluation
- Perception, presence, virtual embodiment, and cognition
- Teleoperation and telepresence
- Applications of VR/AR/MR
- Ethical issues in VR/AR/MR
- Interactive storytelling in 360° videos
More details and further reading can be found on IEEE website.
The 3rd International AR and VR Conference in Manchester, with a theme Empowering Human, Place, and Business through AR & VR, will focus on exploring cutting edge Augmented and Virtual Reality concepts, applications and business models which shape our everyday life, place,
The Augmented and Virtual Reality Hub based at Manchester Metropolitan University, UK. It investigates new and innovative ways to implement augmented reality (AR) and Virtual Reality (VR) in the tourism industry.