The 1st Eurographics-EuroVR Workshop on Semantic 3D Content
The 1st Eurographics-EuroVR Workshop on Semantic 3D Content(Semantic 3D 2019), sponsored by the EuroVR Association, will address an extensive range of research, development, and practice related to the use of the semantic web for representation, creation, visualization and maintenance of 3D content and animations. The goal of the workshop is to share innovative and creative ideas that enable development of semantic 3D applications for a wide range of 3D environments, including the web, mobile as well as virtual and augmented reality (VR & AR) setups.
Works related to various application domains, including e-commerce, education, cultural heritage, entertainment and infotainment, social media, tourism, medicine, military, industry and construction (and many others) are welcome. The approaches will be considered in the context of building scalable, pervasive 3D/VR/AR systems using different semantic web (e.g., RDF, RDFS and OWL) and rule-based standards, 3D formats and browsers. Finally, common fields of interest and opportunities of future collaboration will be identified and discussed.
The workshop attempts to foster and support the increasing development, use, and utility of semantic 3D technologies for researchers, application developers, domain experts as well as for end users. This includes semantic creation of interactive 3D content, robust and versatile semantic 3D content representation and delivery standards as well as semantic presentation and interaction techniques enabling development of user-friendly 3D/VR/AR applications.
The main topics of the workshop include, but are not limited to:
- Ontologies for 3D and animation annotation, representation and retrieval
- Semantic metadata for 3D and animation description
- Ontologies based on 3D formats
- Semantic 3D formats, including semantic X3D
- Domain-specific ontologies for 3D description and representation
- Semantic modeling and assembly of 3D content
- Semantic methods and tools for on-demand, adaptive and contextual 3D visualization and generation
- Semantic and contextual 3D/VR/AR web services
- Semantic queries to 3D scenes and 3D content repositories
- Semantics for immersive analytics in 3D
- Semantic representation and modeling of 3D animations and interactions
- Ontologies for multimodal interaction in VR/AR
- Semantic representation and modeling of 3D content behavior
- Explorable VR/AR applications and queryable behavior-rich VR/AR applications
- Semantic 3D/VR/AR web applications
- Semantic 3D graph annotations
- Novel interactive semantic 3D applications in all areas and sectors, e.g., entertainment, education, training, cultural heritage, medicine, military, smart-manufacturing / industry 4.0, information visualization, scientific visualization, geo-visualization, building information modeling (BIM), and architecture.
PAPERS presenting original work in 3D/VR/AR research and application may be submitted in a long or short form according to the EG requirements. Submissions will be peer-reviewed. Accepted papers will be included in the Eurographics Digital Library.
POSTERS present results of ongoing or recently completed work in 3D/VR/AR research and application. The poster format offers the opportunity to interactively present and discuss interesting results to the EG community. Posters should be submitted in the form of abstracts (2 pages) according to the EG requirements.
DEMONSTRATIONS enable 3D content designers and developers to share their innovative 3D works at the workshop. Semantic 3D applications developed for various domains and platforms, including the web, desktop, mobile and VR/AR systems, are welcome. Demonstrations should be submitted in the form of short descriptions (2 pages).
Questions about the program, workshop topics and submissions can be sent to [email protected].
Workshop date: May 6, 2019
Early registration: April 6, 2019
Paper/poster/demonstration submission deadline extended: March 10, 2019
Acceptance notification: March 24, 2019
Camera-ready paper/poster/demonstration submission: April 2, 2019
Jakub Flotyński, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
Patrick Bourdot, Computer Science Laboratory for Mechanics and Engineering Sciences, France
Marc Erich Latoschik, University of Wuerzburg, Germany
Krzysztof Walczak, Poznań University of Economics and Business, Poland
The workshop is organized in connection to the project of the Polish National Science Centre (NCN) nr DEC-2012/07/B/ST6/01523.
|9:00-10:30||Semantic 3D Paper Session 1|
|11:00-12:30||Semantic 3D Paper Session 2|
|13:30-15:00||Semantics for VR/AR/MR & 3D Interactions|
More information can be found on the conference website.